Summer is almost here...it’s time to PLAY!
There are many ways to be safe, healthy and have fun this summer. Here are some ideas:
Fun in the Sun: http://www.cdc.gov/family/kids/summer/
· Wear sunscreen. (Don’t get burned. It may increase your risk for disease.)
· Cover up with hats, sunglasses and light clothing.
· Play outside in the morning and evening.
· Stay cool by taking cool showers or baths.
· Use bug spray to stay away from bug bites.
· Make sure you are at a playground with friends or parents.
· Wear safety gear while playing.
· Wear a life jacket while in the water.
· ALWAYS drink lots of water! (Hydrating helps keep our blood flowing.)
June is when we celebrate Father’s Day. Check out this fun activity sheet to do with a father figure in your life.
June is also Men’s Health Month. Here are some fun, active things to do with your dad:
· Play basketball
· Do a craft together
· Go on a bike ride
· Make a meal together
Remember to continue playing on the Healthy Kids’ Club website to learn more ways to stay healthy.
CC the Panda
CC’s message to parents: There has been a Whooping Cough outbreak in Washington State, we want you to be informed. Please view our website for details http://www.coordinatedcarehealth.com/2015/04/29/whooping-cough-pertussis-what-you-need-to-know/
· Learn about vaccinating your child
· Infants are at greatest risk
· Over 300 cases this year already