a. “What work or tasks has the animal been trained to perform?”
b. “You don’t look disabled; why do you need that animal?”
c. “What kind of disability do you have that requires an assistance animal?”
d. “Is this animal required because of a disability?”
3. What civil rights act(s) must be followed for a rental office?
a. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
b. Fair Housing Act (FHAct)
c. Section 504
d. All of the above
4. Sally, an applicant at your affordable housing community, states that she would like a reasonable accommodation for an assistance animal. Her disability is not visible and none of the information on her application indicates that she is disabled (receiving disability). What can you do?
a. Ask the applicant what their specific disability is and how the assistance animal will help them.
b. Ask the applicant to submit reliable documentation of a disability and their disability related need for an assistance animal.
c. Ask your supervisor to deny the request because there was not sufficient information.
d. Ask the applicant if the animal has documentation as a trained Service Animal.
5. Which of the following animals can be an approved “service animal” for ADA purposes? (Select all that apply.)
c. Miniature Horse
d. Canadian Grey Squirrel
6. Mary Jones is a disabled tenant who lives in an LIHTC (Tax Credit) property where pets are not allowed. Ms. Jones tells her site manager that she needs to get a dog to help her with her hearing disability. What should the manager next steps be?
a. Require that Mary put the request in writing; verify the hearing loss as a disability; verify the need for the dog as a reasonable accommodation.
b. Deny the request because it is a no pet property and LIHTC properties are not required to make exceptions.
c. Ask Mary to put her request in writing, but act either way; do not verify the hearing loss as a disability because it is obvious; verify the need for the dog as a reasonable accommodation, but do not require the dog to have formal training.
d. Because Mary did not use the term Reasonable Accommodation, the manager is not required to do anything.
7. There is a difference between a “Service Animal” and an “Assistance Animal”.
True or False