|The Big River Race Management team who produces the Skippo has been in communication with the park superintendent at Castlewood State Park since yesterday afternoon monitoring the rain and trail conditions for this weekend’s Skippo. Due to already saturated trails and additional heavy rains over the last 24 hours the park has informed us that we will not be allowed to run the Skippo this weekend. While we were really looking forward to the event, and we know you were too, we care deeply for the welfare of the trails in Castlewood State Park and the safety of our participants and respect the park’s decision.
Thankfully the park has agreed to a new date that will give all of us a chance to test ourselves on the challenging Castlewood trails. The new dates are:
10k - Saturday, December 8th - 9 AM
20k/30k - Sunday, December 9th - 9 AM
We understand a few of you may have conflicts with these dates. If you do have a conflict we will be waiving the entry transfer fee so you can find someone to purchase your bib. The best place to post a bib for sale is on Facebook on the Skippo event page. We will be actively pointing prospective runners to visit that page to find a bib. Planning and managing a race like the Skippo involves dozens of vendors (t-shirts, medals, awards, food, etc.), permit fees, months of advance planning and administrative work, unfortunately, due to these costs, refunds will not be available.
If you were planning on picking up your packet tomorrow at Big River - West County we will still be hosting packet pick-up (10 AM - 7 PM) where you can pick-up your Brooks technical long-sleeve shirt and bib. We will also be hosting a packet pick-up on Friday December 7th at the same location and times.
Thank you for your understanding, we hope to see all of you in December.
Owner Big River Race Management