Dear Rockwood Thunder Families,
I hope that everyone is continuing to stay healthy and safe in these unprecedented times. We appreciate all the feedback provided by families over the past few weeks regarding your interest and level of comfort in returning to the court this season. Our number one priority continues to be the safety and health of our families, coaches and athletes. To that end, we have had to make some extremely difficult decisions and none of them are reflective of how we had hoped this season would go. Please read the entire email below.
At this point our teams will not be attending any further events to compete, including Nationals. We believe the risk of attending is not in the best interest of our families, coaches, and athletes. In addition, it is anticipated events will look and feel very different. Event parameters are expected to include limited parent attendance as well as limited college coach attendance. In addition, we are aware of limited attendance from other top clubs throughout the country.
We have heard a desire from many of our teams to continue practicing. We are continuing to work on our re-entry plan for gym usage as soon as allowed by St. Louis county. We anticipate that practices will initially be primarily positional training as we will be limiting group size for the first phase of re-entry. We will communicate the plan for practices as soon as additional information is available.
Play Dates and Scrimmages
While our teams will not be attending any additional sanctioned competition, the Gateway Region is exploring the possibility of hosting some play dates later in July for interested teams. We also hope to set up scrimmages within the club when restrictions allow. This will give athletes the ability to gather some new film if needed as a college prospect. These events will be completely optional for families.
- Coach Travel/Tournament Fees: Each family will receive a $100 credit for the practice time lost this season. This credit amount will be applied to the remaining amount due from each player based on your team’s coach travel expenses and tournaments costs that were incurred prior to activities shutting down. This fee is due by July 1. Click here to see if your team has a payment due and make payment. If your family has been financially impacted by the coronavirus situation, please reach out to me and we will work with you regarding payment arrangements. Note: If your team is not listed, then your team’s expense owed is less than $100 per player and you will receive a refund. Coaches will be in touch with teams that are due a refund.
- Additional Outstanding Balances: If a family currently has an outstanding balance related to other expenses, you will receive a separate email with a link to make payment.
Tryouts for Next Season
- Girls U15-18 Tryouts: Tryouts for high school age players have been moved to November for all area clubs. We will send out confirmed dates and will update the website in the next couple of weeks for these events. This update will also include information on open gyms, clinics and camps.
- Girls U10-U14 Tryouts: Tryouts will remain in October. We will send out confirmed dates and will update the website in the next couple of weeks for these events. This update will also include information on open gyms, clinics and camps.
- Boys Tryouts: Boys tryouts will be in September. We will send out confirmed dates and will update the website in the next couple of weeks for these events. This update will also include information on open gyms, clinics and camps.
Thank you for your patience and understanding over the past few months as we have navigated through these unprecedented circumstances. We are confident that we will come back stronger and more prepared for what the future holds. And we thank you for being part of the Rockwood Thunder family.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Assistant Club Director